Sunday, May 11, 2008

An offering from the Coming Of Age project

I have had a lot of fun working on new pieces for coming of age, thought that on this spring day I would offer you one that will bring anyone back to the age of a child, atleast for a moment or two.


Lesson Plans Of Spring
Back of the room doodling
on the blank pages of my notebook
was an escape from counting ceiling tiles
as the teacher regailed the class
with half hearted stories of another.
Every tick of the second hand
seems like forever today.
The mid spring sunlight pourd
into the sauna that was the room
where today I felt like a prisoner.
My eyes darted from side to side
almost as if I was planning an escape
in the back of my head
echos of charlie browns teacher
ring ever so loudly threw out my head
as the teacher before me continues
their relentless assault on my ears
with their long and pointless babblings.
I notice for a second out of the corner of my eye
the sweet spring breeze blowing
pushing yester years leaves back and forth
allowing the symbol of freedom to blow
as it sits afixed to the pole outside the widow.
The last place I want to be is confined here
when the spring time nature calls me
to shed the books and troubles of school
and to let my soul be free.

No comments: